Mailbag Monday – #6 – Oct. 4th & Last Week’s Pipeline Post #58
In This Post…
- Mailbag Monday #6|
- Pipeline Post #57|
Mailbag Monday #6
Click on the link below to watch this week’s version of Monday Mailbag! Jeff from Wisconsin wants to know when new coaches take over a program, do they have to honor commitments from the previous staff? Also, is it appropriate to ask coaches during the recruiting process how long they foresee themselves at the school?
Great question Jeff. We hope this helps!
Be sure to tune in next Monday for another addition of Mailbag Monday. Remember you can submit your questions HERE, email them to us at email@example.com, or send us a Tweet to @WMNSCollHockey and use the hashtag #MailbagMonday.
In This Post…
- Weekend Preview & Schedule |
- Sifters |
Weekend Preview & Schedule
- #7/8 Boston College and Penn State kicked off the weekend Thursday in Happy Valley. BC takes game one 2-1
- 15 teams will play their first games of the year this weekend
- #1 Wisconsin travel east to take on Merrimack in North Andover, MA
- #2 Northeastern
- #3/3 Ohio State travels to #4t/4 Minnesota in a early WCHA match-up
- #4/6 Colgate clashes with a 3-0-0 Mercyhurst team at home for a pair Friday & Saturday
- #6 MN-Duluth travels to Mankato
- #8/7 Cornell and #9/9 Princeton are idle. Ivy League schools don’t start playing games for a few weeks
Thursday Sept. 30th
#7/8 Boston College @ Penn State – 7PM
Friday October 1st
#1/1 Wisconsin @ Merrimack 2PM
Union @ RIT 6PM
BU @ UNH 6PM
Boston Pride @ Providence 6PM (Exhibition)
RPI @ Vermont 6PM
Syracuse @ St. Lawrence 6PM
LIU @ #10/NR Quinnipiac 6PM
#2 Northeastern @ Holy Cross 6PM
Mercyhurst @ #4t/4 Colgate 6PM
#7/8 BC @ Penn State 7PM
Bemidji @ St. Thomas 7PM
#6/5 MN-Duluth @ Mankato 8:07PM
Lindenwood @ St. Cloud 7:07PM
#3/3 Ohio State @ #4/4 Minnesota 8:07PM
Saturday October 2nd
#2 Holy Cross @ Northeastern 2PM
#1/1 Wisconsin @ Merrimack 2PM
Union @ RIT 2PM
BU @ UNH 2PM
St. Anselm @ Maine 3PM
Mercyhurst @ #4t/4 Colgate 3PM
Syracuse @ St. Lawrence 3PM
RPI @ Vermont 3PM
LIU @ #10/NR Quinnipiac 3PM
Lindenwood @ St. Cloud 4:07PM
#6/5 MN-Duluth @ Mankato 4:07PM
Bemidji @ St. Thomas 4PM
#3/3 Ohio State @ #4/4 Minnesota 5:07PM
St. Michael’s @ Sacred Heart 5:30PM
Ivy Official Start Date… Today is the first official practice date for Ivy League teams. Programs can now practice more than the 4 hrs. per week previously allowed.
More Coaching Changes… As has been the case each year, there always seems to be a late head coaching change that opens up a position late. This year, for now, that is UMASS-Boston. UMB opened its search on Sept. 10 and the position was posted on the American Hockey Coaches Website on Sept. 21. You can view the posting HERE.
SUNY-Cortland is looking for an Assistant Coach as is Plymouth State Univ. You can find more info about each position on the AHCA website HERE. Be sure to scroll down the page to find each listing.
New U.S. National Team Addition… Anna Wilgren, Senior Defenseman at Minnesota State Mankato has been added to the U.S. residency roster for the U.S. Women’s National Team in preparation for the 2022 Olympic Games in Beijing, China. USA Hockey made the announcement yesterday morning. You can read more HERE.
Odds & Ends + Streaming Info
NCAA Coaching Changes… Keep up with all the coaching changes across D-I and D-III HERE.
- Streams in the ECAC can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games in the ECAC.
- Streams in the WCHA can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games.
- Streams in Hockey East can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games.
- Streams in CHA games with the exception of Penn St. can be found HERE. Paid subscriptions will be necessary. Penn State streams can be found HERE.
- Streams in NEWHA games can be found at each teams’ website. Paid subscriptions will be necessary.
Grant Kimball is founder and contributing writer at Women’s College Hockey.org and beginning his 3rd season as an Assistant Coach with the Yale University women’s hockey program. Grant has developed an experienced perspective in the world of women’s ice hockey, having coached and recruited players from across the globe during his 25+ year amatuer and NCAA coaching career. He has coached at 6 NCAA DIII and DI programs in the NCHA (D3), the CHA, WCHA, Hockey East, ECAC, and the Ivy League (DI). Beyond coaching, Grant served as a site representative for the 2019 NCAA quarterfinal of the D-I NCAA Tournament. He also currently serves as an Officer with the American Hockey Coaches Association as Vice President of Membership and sits on the AHCA’s Women’s Hockey Executive Committee.