Mailbag Monday – #7 – Oct. 11th
In This Post…
- Mailbag Monday #7 |
Mailbag Monday #7
Click on the link below to watch this week’s video version of Mailbag Monday. A frustrated parent, ‘Jason’ from the Mid-West’ who’s daughter is currently in grade 11 this academic year, wants to know why the class of 2023 is perhaps being overlooked in the recruiting process. Lengthy video caution… lots to unpack here!
It’s a good question ‘Jason’. We do a deep dive on some factors that recruits in the 2023 class will want to keep in mind as they go through the process. We hope this video helps!
Be sure to tune in next Monday for another addition of Mailbag Monday. Remember you can submit your questions HERE, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us a Tweet to @WMNSCollHockey and use the hashtag #MailbagMonday.
Odds & Ends + Streaming Info
NCAA Coaching Changes… Keep up with all the coaching changes across D-I and D-III HERE.
- Streams in the ECAC can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games in the ECAC.
- Streams in the WCHA can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games.
- Streams in Hockey East can be found HERE. Subscriptions will be necessary to watch games.
- Streams in CHA games with the exception of Penn St. can be found HERE. Paid subscriptions will be necessary. Penn State streams can be found HERE.
- Streams in NEWHA games can be found at each teams’ website. Paid subscriptions will be necessary.
Grant Kimball is founder and contributing writer at Women’s College Hockey.org and beginning his 3rd season as an Assistant Coach with the Yale University women’s hockey program. Grant has developed an experienced perspective in the world of women’s ice hockey, having coached and recruited players from across the globe during his 25+ year amatuer and NCAA coaching career. He has coached at 6 NCAA DIII and DI programs in the NCHA (D3), the CHA, WCHA, Hockey East, ECAC, and the Ivy League (DI). Beyond coaching, Grant served as a site representative for the 2019 NCAA quarterfinal of the D-I NCAA Tournament. He also currently serves as an Officer with the American Hockey Coaches Association as Vice President of Membership and sits on the AHCA’s Women’s Hockey Executive Committee.